Thursday 26 December 2013

Secret Spoon Swap

December this year held the second Secret Spoon Swap where spoon carvers around the world come together through the power of their respective postal services. This is the first year I have participated, I think its a really good idea as it gives you a chance to look at other carvers work and get a brand new spoon for the price of a stamp. I received this lovely serving spoon from JP from Essex, it is Birch (from Ashdown Forest) and finished with seaseme oil and bees wax. The wax gives a terrific finish which is perfectly smooth and is something I might try with my own spoons. It came just in time for Christmas - Thanks JP! 




This is the spoon I carved for JP in return, I hope he likes it. Hazel of course...







No comments:

Post a Comment