Wednesday 26 September 2012

Carved Spoons

Just a few pics of spoons I have carved... I've started selling a few so I don't end up with elaborate kindling...


Plum and apple servers, spatula and ladle


Plum eaters


Pear, birch and willow eaters and stirrer in my trademark style


Octagonal handled eaters in hazel, birch and plum


Plum butter knives


More plum butter knives


Frittiof inspired birch server and salad tongs


Matching birch server and birch / plum eaters


Willow, cherry and birch eaters


Apple eaters or maybe salad tongs?


Tiny plum spoon - its very pale as it is still green and unseasoned


This is a spoon I bought from Barn the Spoon and is a server made from bay and is beautiful. The obvious cut marks which I strive to remove in my own spoons stand so plainly and enhance the natural simplicity despite the obvious technical skill which has created a symmetrical, graceful, usable spoon. I love it. 


This is a special spoon I carved for a special birthday.


No comments:

Post a Comment